[Dune-devel] Application run-time for add performance testing.

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Mon Apr 15 13:56:53 CEST 2013

Hi Katrik A,

please be polite and reveal your fullname next time.

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 03:27:56PM +0530, Kartik A wrote:
> Hi,
>

>    While working on this project and trying to find out various measures
> for software testing I got a idea to implement this code
>
> [skipped code using std::clock]

We now use the utilities already provided with DUNE? See
http://www.dune-project.org/doc/doxygen/dune-common-html/class_dune_1_1_timer.html

> Can someone suggest me the timescale for measurement and a sample DUNE
> testing platform for it. Besides I would like to know if the code built
> matches to the requirement .  Still not clear with the UNIT TEST part . As
> that part can only be implemented by the developer himself , does the
> description say that even that needs to be implemented ?

I highly doubt the unit tests can only be implemented by
developers. Anyway quoting the project description: "..., which will
allow test developers to quickly add performance testing to their
existing Unit Tests or System Tests."

Implementing all the performance tests one could think of, is probably
beyond the project scope. But surely you have to implement some to
test whether your approach works as exspected.

Markus

--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858  Fax: +49 (0)322 1108991658