[Dune-devel] [GSoC 2013]

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Mon Apr 22 10:48:23 CEST 2013

Hi Tilak,

On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 12:21:05AM +0530, Tilak Raj Singh wrote:

> For the past two weeks have been working on Dune understanding the
> libraries, testing codes and trying to understand them. As m new to open
> source and this is my first community I have loved the way you people work,
> interacting with others clearing doubts. I would really like to work with
> Dune in future even if not selected for GSoC.

I am glad you liked it.

> Are there some requirements
> or eligibility criteria for doing so???

We have 3 groups of contributors: people providing patches (everybody
can do this), developers with write access to the repositories (have
to be supervised by a core developers) and core developers (those who
decide).

I talked about this at Cebit
http://www.techcast.com/events/cebit13/fr-1000/?q=fr-1000 around
minute 16:50.

> I had one more doubt I was going through the application format for GSoC
> and there was a option "*Links to previous work samples, that might
> underline your argument." *I wanted to ask whether we have to just give the
> links for the bugs we have tried to solve or we need to write some sample
> code too for the project we are interested in????

That is pretty much up to you. Just make sure that we can assess
your abilities, easily.

Cheers,

Markus

--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858  Fax: +49 (0)322 1108991658