[Dune-devel] [GSoC] Help in running parallel tests

Cristian Stoica crististoica.cs at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 23:49:28 CEST 2013

Hello everyone,

I am working on my application for this year's GSoC, for the first project
idea, the one of adding thread support to DUNE.

Still, I have built the code for the dune modules, but I don't know how to
run the tests in dune/common/parallel/test/. When I run the dunecontrol to
configure and build the modules, the script does not recognize my installed
version of open mpi, it appears as if I don't have mpi installed at all. I
am running open mpi 1.4.3 on ubuntu 12.10, and it works fine if I write a
simple program and compile it with mpicc and run it with mpirun. Is there a
problem with the 1.4.3 version of openmpi? Should I install another
version? How should I run the tests for the parallel code?

Thank you

Cristi Stoica