[Dune-devel] [GSoC] Help in running parallel tests

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Tue Apr 30 09:49:05 CEST 2013

Hi Christian,

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 12:49:28AM +0300, Cristian Stoica wrote:
> I am working on my application for this year's GSoC, for the first project
> idea, the one of adding thread support to DUNE.
>
> Still, I have built the code for the dune modules, but I don't know how to
> run the tests in dune/common/parallel/test/. When I run the dunecontrol to
> configure and build the modules, the script does not recognize my installed
> version of open mpi, it appears as if I don't have mpi installed at
> all.

For historic reasons, you have to activate parallelism actively by
providing --enable-parallel to configure. If your MPI installation is
in a non-default location, you migth have to provide the executables
with MPICC in addition

A convenient way is using an options file, that you provide to
dunecontroll with --opts=<filename>.

Here is an example file:
# use these options for configure if no options a provided on the cmdline
CONFIGURE_FLAGS="--prefix=/home/mblatt/dune_install
--disable-documentation --enable-parallel CXX=g++ CC=gcc
MPICC=/opt/openmpi/bin/mpicc MPICXX=/opt/openmpi/bin/mpicxx
CXXFLAGS=\"-O0 -g -Wall\" CFLAGS=\"-O0 -g -Wall\""
MAKE_FLAGS="all"

BTW: This and many other useful things should be documented in the
buildsystem howto.

Cheers,

Markus
--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858  Fax: +49 (0)322 1108991658