[Dune-devel] [GSoC] Performance testing: schedule for second half

Christoph Grüninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Aug 5 23:45:42 CEST 2013

Hi Miha,
if you have no strong feelings about Sphinx versus Doxygen I'd ask you
to change for the latter; but the change has low priority.

> Yes, I agree. I must confess I'm still not entirely familiar with
> autotools,
> so I didn't make it optional yet, but it's definitely on my to-do list.

I know, autotools can be hard to begin with. If you have questions,
don't hesitate to ask us. Currently Doxygen is optional. The class
documentation is only built for systems with Doxygen installed. But
this is not an issue after the change.

[CMake]
> No, it's because I haven't included the CMake files yet.

I just saw that you committed a CMakeLists.txt file but I did not
check that.
You don't have to include CMake support. You are right, we are
evaluating the pros and cons for a switch or for keeping both. If
you want, you can share your opinion, too.
You can add CMake support if you like. I'll help you either way. But
autotools is a must have.

Thanks for posting your plan, though it is kind of wage.
I would like to more details in the table. Either per default or
hidden until you hover over a specific area or click a link.
The details would be:
- date and time
- git revision hash
- if possible compiler, compiler version, and compiler flags
- maybe compile time?

Would it be possible to add a graph for the memory consumption,
too?
And if the table could be sorted by clicking on the table header
would be useful, too.
But I think these ideas are for a later stage and to polish the
output. First we need the basic functions.

Die meisten Gebäude stammen aus einer Zeit, in der man auch
Türklinken aus Beton gemacht hätte, wenn das denn ginge.
[Spiegel Online, 25. Februar 2013]