[Dune-devel] CFP Google Summer of Code Doc Camp (Deadline today)

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Fri Aug 9 15:45:18 CEST 2013

Hi,

sorry for bringing this to your attention so late. Somehow I lost this
due to my vacation.

There is the possibility to propose DUNE as a project to the "Google
Summer of Code Doc Camp" until today (Deadline was extended). The aim
of the camp is creating free documentation in form of a printed and
e-book within three days. Participants would have to donate a workweek
(October 14-18) for that and travel to San Francisco. Lodging, food
and partial or complete (depending on the amount) travel expenses will
be covered.  For more information see
http://www.flossmanuals.org/news/2013-doc-camp-call-proposals

We could use this oppprtunity to write about a subject important
to DUNE. This should be complementary to the other book currently
worked on by some of the developers. As the book should be
documentation for DUNE users it would be nice if some of the DUNE
users would collaborate here. They should know best what kind of book
they would exspect/need.

If there are 2-4 DUNE users/developers willing to participate in the
Doc Camp, I would propose DUNE as project tonight. If you are willing
to do this please reply to this post.

Some reports on previous Doc Camps:
http://blog.safariflow.com/2012/12/13/0-to-book-in-3-days/
http://blog.nerdchic.net/archives/688/
https://lwn.net/Articles/528730/
http://www.booksprints.net/2012/12/gsoc-doc-camp-2/
http://evergreen-ils.org/blog/?tag=gsoc
http://blog.safariflow.com/2012/12/13/0-to-book-in-3-days/
http://radar.oreilly.com/2011/10/day-one-of-floss-manuals-book.html
http://openmrs.org/2011/11/google-doc-sprint-summit/
http://supreetpal.blogspot.co.nz/2012/05/beginners-guide-to-kde-development.html
http://blog.sms4all.info/2011/11/doc-summit-wrap-up-4-books-written-in-3.html

Cheers,

Markus
--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858  Fax: +49 (0)322 1108991658