[Dune-devel] [GSoC] Re: Psurface examples

Oliver Sander sander at igpm.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Aug 13 14:39:05 CEST 2013

Hi Iris,
I am back from my vacation and I'll take over the mentoring for your project again.
 From reading the emails I see that you made quite some progress, which makes me
happy.
There are a few open questions that I can answer quickly.  First of all, your problems
with Dune modules not finding psurface because of a missing file TargetSurface.h should
be fixed now (in psurface).  Secondly, the problem reading the file 'trice.par.am' is
not your fault at all.  It is just as the error message says: the file is in a legacy
format which is not supported anymore.  I didn't notice and shouldn't have sent you
that file in the first place.  I'll look for an alternative and send it to you in a
separate mail.
However there are also a few problems.  In particular, it was not part of the plan
that you should write a separate Dune module.  I guess I was not clear enough in this
regard: all the code you write should go into psurface.  If you call 'make' there the
build system should create the library it already does, and additionally the
psurface-convert executable.  So can I please ask you clone psurface again and move
all your code into there?  This means in particular that you need to copy various
files from the vtk writing implementation from dune-grid to psurface.

The regular skype meetings that Markus started should definitely continue.
Is tomorrow 10:00 European time (I hear you are eight hours ahead, hence that would
be 6pm for you) good for you?  My skype name is olsander1.