[Dune-devel] Removes unused parameter warnings with -Wall -Wextra

Christoph Grüninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Dec 16 09:59:39 CET 2013

Hi Dune,
do we really want to fix all unused parameters in Dune? As far as I know
this is only triggered by setting -Wextra together with -Wall or
-Wunused (at least for GCC). The flags from Wextra are known to emit
false warnings.
Enabling Wextra triggers other warnings that cannot be turned of.

I suggest to not fix these warnings and only fix warnings from sane
settings. For me Wextra not sane.

Une science n'était vraiment développée que quand elle
pouvait utiliser les mathématiques.    (Paul Lafargue)