[Dune-devel] Weired installation path for files in dune-grid/doc/grids

Oliver Sander sander at igpm.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Dec 19 21:22:32 CET 2013

Am 19.12.2013 16:38, schrieb Christian Engwer:
> On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 03:36:12PM +0100, Markus Blatt wrote:
>> On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 11:26:19AM +0100, Christian Engwer wrote:
>>> Other modules using the example grids still need to figure out where they are, especially those in headers.
>>
>> What modules would that be? Do you have examples?
>
> OK, I admit there aren't too many :-)
> We are using hybridtestgrids.hh in dune-grid-glue, but I'm not sure
> about other users. If you change the installed location the users will
> have to adapt their code and change the way they include the
> headers. On the other hand I'm not sure that anybody ever tested
> grid-glue with an installed dune-grid.

One could argue that hybridtestgrids.hh is a special case:  it is not
a grid in some grid data format.  Rather it is a header containing C++
code that creates a grid by directly calling the grid factory.
Maybe hybridtestgrids.hh should remain dune-grid-only, to be able to
test the factory, and all other modules should use something else
(e.g. the gmsh test grids) for testing.