[Dune-devel] Deprecated ALU*Grid

Christoph Grüninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Nov 6 21:41:54 CET 2013

Hi Robert,
in your dune-grid commit r8114 [0] you deprecated
ALU{Cube,Simplex,Conforming}Grid. In some places
(alugridfactory, dgfalu) you did not replace the old
constructor, but you added a dimw template argument.
You added this comment:
"\note template parameter dimw is only added to avoid
the ALUSimplexGrid deprecation warning."

Unfortunately this does not work for me, neither with
GCC 4.7 nor Clang 3.3. Maybe it work with older compilers
but not any more:

In file included from alu2dgridfactory.cc:12:
../../../../dune/grid/alugrid/2d/alu2dgridfactory.hh:239:18:
warning: 'ALUCubeGrid' is deprecated
[-Wdeprecated-declarations]
              new Grid( filename, globalProjection_ ,
bndProjections, grdVerbose_ );

Is there a reason to not use the new constructors? Otherwise
I'd like to change that because I get a ton of warnings when
running the tests with ALUGrid.

Ciao
Christoph

[0]
http://cgit.dune-project.org/repositories/dune-grid/commit/dune/grid/alugrid?id=f019d256d0ab537f6fa69858a23c5ea60e35d4d1

--
Die meisten Gebäude stammen aus einer Zeit, in der man auch
Türklinken aus Beton gemacht hätte, wenn das denn ginge.