[Dune-devel] Semantics of {ghost,overlap}Size

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Thu Nov 7 11:33:07 CET 2013

Hi,

I recently looked at the documentation off these methodsbut this did
not help me understand what they are doing. It reads "Return size of
ghost region for a given codim on the leaf grid" but it is not clear
to me what this size is.

In the documentation of yaspgrid it says that size is the distance in
graph, which is not really clearer. I assume that means the smallest
path between any two entities on different borders of that
region. Which still leaves the question open what the graph
of an enitity set of a given codim is. The vertices are of course the
codim entities. Seems like the edges would be the codim 1 entities for
elements and for all other entities with codim c the ones with codim c+1.

Is there a precise definition somewhere?

Markus
--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858  Fax: +49 (0)322 1108991658