[Dune-devel] [Dune-Commit] [Commit] dune-geometry - bd00cd7: [buildsystem] Distribute jacobian.mac.

Ansgar Burchardt burchardt at igpm.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Apr 28 12:03:09 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 04/26/2014 08:25 PM, Christoph GrĂ¼ninger wrote:
> maybe Ansgar has a good proposal, where to put the
> jacobian.mac? This could be used for both CMake and
> autotools to make Markus and Debian happy.

The *.mac files should be in the tarball in case someone wants to modify
them (they are the actual source after all). There is no need for them
to be installed during "make install".

Listing them in EXTRA_DIST in Makefile.am should do the right thing. Not
sure if CMake needs something similar.

I admit that I don't use the tarballs for the Debian packages, but
generate my own from the Git repository. It makes it easier to test
unreleased versions and I don't like generated files like ./configure in
source packages.

Ansgar