[Dune-devel] [Dune core modules] Doodle: Unify capabilities and type_traits

Christian Engwer christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de
Wed Dec 3 00:27:17 CET 2014

On Tue, Dec 02, 2014 at 05:44:17PM +0100, Carsten Gräser wrote:
> Am 02.12.2014 um 14:55 schrieb dune.project at uni-muenster.de:
> > http://users.dune-project.org/doodles/25
> > Carsten Gräser
> >
> > Christian Engwer answered the doodle.
>
> Hi Christian,
> cold you briefly outline, what you think should be
> discussed. Perhaps others would change their mind
> regarding this proposal.

as there was no discussion at all up to now I think it would be
appropriate, and without further pro/cons I don't have strong oponion
on the topic.

Currently I don't see benefits from the change except beauty. Are
there technical arguments for the change? It is again a place where we
break user code and especially in a place we started but didn't
extensively continue the discussion about the future design in
general. Are we sure we keep the capabilities in a form similar to
now?

Just to mention a few questions that come immediately to my mind.

But if all others have a clear opinion, those shall decide.

Ciao