[Dune-devel] [Dune core modules] Doodle: Unify capabilities and type_traits

Carsten Gräser graeser at mi.fu-berlin.de
Wed Dec 3 17:04:50 CET 2014

Am 03.12.2014 um 16:32 schrieb Markus Blatt:
> Another point why such changes should be prevented:
>
> There are downstream projects trying to support several versions of
> DUNE at the same time. It would make their life much easier if all
> changes are for a very good reason as even with a deprecation period
> we are making their lives quite a bit harder than we ought to do.
>
> Markus

If there are such severe concerns I withdraw the proposal
to deprecate the ::v. However I still think that deriving
from integral_constant is a good idea. Regarding the benefits
of this: IMO it's a big benefit to follow the standard way
things are implemented in C++ and other places of dune.

Similarly we introduced the iterator ranges to follow the
new standard _style_ although they do not add any functionality
but just syntactic candy (much like isLevelWiseConforming<Grid>()).

Best,
Carsten