[Dune-devel] SGrid provides its DGFParser

Christian Engwer christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de
Tue Dec 16 15:20:13 CET 2014

Hi Christoph,

Am 16. Dezember 2014 11:47:57 MEZ, schrieb "Christoph GrĂ¼ninger" <christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de>:
>Hi Robert,
>thanks for your commit. The macro name made me smile.
>
>> The dgfparser specialization should indeed be included by any grid
>> implementation (as it's done in AlbertaGrid and the new ALUGrid
>> implementation). On the other hand, somebody who does not want to use
>> the DGFParser, this code is still included anyway.
>
>What about deprecating the complete header
>dune/grid/io/file/dgfparser.hh
>and including the parsers directly to the grids where this is not yet
>the case? Then we can remove the inclusion of this header all together
>and see no deprecation warning any more.

I don't like this idea. Imho dgf is just one out of many possible file formats, thus I think it is quite strange to include it right away. Of only the warning is of concern, why not guard the warning by additional ifdefs, this way it is possible to disable them wherever it is necessary; especially in the texts this would prove useful.

Christian