[Dune-devel] Mixing master and releases

Andreas Dedner a.s.dedner at warwick.ac.uk
Mon Feb 24 09:38:07 CET 2014

Hi.
I think there is a good argument to force version matching - it makes
helping people fix problems much easier. Even now its difficult enough to
get people to hand in good bug reports (which gcc version, which automake,
what does the opts file look like....).
At the moment its nice to at least just have one version of the core
modules to deal
with, instead of having to figure out which version of each module is
being used.
Also its makes it more difficult for somebody else to verify the problem
because
you would basically need to install the other guys module versions.
Furthermore
matching versions is all we can test for during nightly builds.
Best
Andreas