[Dune-devel] cmake oddities

Oliver Sander sander at igpm.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Jan 23 11:08:54 CET 2014

Hi,
thanks to the work of Markus, Ansgar, and Christoph I am getting closer to
being able to build my own modules with cmake against the core modules in
Debian experimental.  I keep building my own dune-grid for UGGrid support.
That works, but in the build log there are a few oddities, e.g,

-- Configuring done
CMake Warning (dev) in lib/CMakeLists.txt:
  Policy CMP0022 is not set: INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES defines the link
  interface.  Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0022" for policy details.  Use the
  cmake_policy command to set the policy and suppress this warning.

  Target "dunegrid" has an INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES property.  This should be
  preferred as the source of the link interface for this library but because
  CMP0022 is not set CMake is ignoring the property and using the link
  implementation as the link interface instead.

  INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES:

    libdunegeometry;dunegrid;/home/sander/ALUGrid-inst/lib/libalugrid.a;dunegeometry;dunecommon;-lpthread;/usr/lib/libmpi.so;/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdl.so;/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libhwloc.so

  Link implementation:

libdunegeometry;/home/sander/ALUGrid-inst/lib/libalugrid.a;dunegeometry;dunecommon;/home/sander/ALUGrid-inst/lib/libalugrid.a;dunegeometry;dunecommon;-lpthread;/usr/lib/libmpi.so;/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdl.so;/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libhwloc.so

This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

That looks a bit scare, and pretty incomprehensible.

Also, a bit later when compilation starts I get messages like

Scanning dependencies of target dunegrid
[  4%] Building CXX object lib/CMakeFiles/dunegrid.dir/__/dune/grid/onedgrid/onedgrid.cc.o
[  4%] Building CXX object lib/CMakeFiles/dunegrid.dir/__/dune/grid/onedgrid/onedgridfactory.cc.o
[  4%] Building CXX object lib/CMakeFiles/dunegrid.dir/__/dune/grid/onedgrid/nulliteratorfactory.cc.o
[...]

The /__/ looks strange.  Is that intentional?

Otherwise, thanks for the work.

Cheers,