[Dune-devel] cmake oddities

Christoph Grüninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Jan 23 11:29:11 CET 2014

Hi Oliver,
thanks for testing CMake and your feedback.

I don't have a solution for the CMake policy CMP0022 warning. I spend a
lot of time trying to work around, but it boils down to a question of
compatibility. The only non-hacky way to get rid of the warning would be
to require CMake 2.8.9 instead of 2.8.6. At least CMake 2.8.12.1 reduces
the warning to one per external grid library, compared to 2.8.12 which
emitted the same warning over and over again.

Further reading:
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2013-December/056627.html
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2013-December/056628.html

> Also, a bit later when compilation starts I get messages like
>
> Scanning dependencies of target dunegrid
> [  4%] Building CXX object lib/CMakeFiles/dunegrid.dir/__/dune/grid/onedgrid/onedgrid.cc.o
> [  4%] Building CXX object lib/CMakeFiles/dunegrid.dir/__/dune/grid/onedgrid/onedgridfactory.cc.o
> [  4%] Building CXX object lib/CMakeFiles/dunegrid.dir/__/dune/grid/onedgrid/nulliteratorfactory.cc.o
> [...]
>
> The /__/ looks strange.  Is that intentional?

I always though that's caused by CMake and they know what they do. I
just checked and METIS 5.0.2 has this part, too. If you insist, I will
find out the rationale of /__/.

Une science n'était vraiment développée que quand elle
pouvait utiliser les mathématiques.    (Paul Lafargue)
CMWR 2014: 10th - 13th June 2014 in Stuttgart
         Please visit www.cmwr14.de