[Dune-devel] [SOCIS 2014]: C++11 threads vs POSIX threads

Agnese, Marco m.agnese13 at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Jun 6 02:12:53 CEST 2014

Hi Christoph,
I prefer the C++11 way like you. Moreover I see threads just an additional feature since they do not add any functionality apart a performance boost.
Therefore for my point of view the support for only newer compilers could be the right way.

Obviously libraries could help but I always prefer the STL to external ones since it is standardized.
Since every C++ developer is familiar with it, it is more simple for everyone to contribute to the code without spending time learning new libraries.

Cheers,
Marco.