[Dune-devel] GSoC 2014: reasons for rejection

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Sun Mar 2 17:56:42 CET 2014

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 07:00:31PM +0100, Christoph GrĂ¼ninger wrote:
> I had a chat with Google's engineer responsible for GSoC (Carol). She
> told the rejected projects reasons for their rejection. Find below a
> cleaned up protocol. The chat was on freenode's #gsoc channel half an
> hour ago.
>
> [18:15] <carols> i don't have any feedback for improving, i think you
> guys did everything right
> [18:15] <carols> we just had 190 slots and 371 apps

Thanks a lot for hanging out on the irc channel and getting the
feedback. I agree with Christian: this is not disappointing at all.

BTW: There was something similar to GSOC by the ESA last year. If this
is happening again, then we could/should apply there, too. Maybe we
can get some more projects/volunteers until then.

Anyway, we should just keep the project ideas page up to date with
projects that we think would make DUNE better. I mean without being
centered around any particular program. This could serve as template
projects for intern and students. Given that we communicate a bit more
about our internal projects, this could prevent us from doing the same
thing in several groups at the same time.

Markus
--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858  Fax: +49 (0)322 1108991658