[Dune-devel] Mixing master and releases

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Wed Mar 5 10:36:20 CET 2014

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 09:57:37AM +0100, Markus Blatt wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 09:45:13AM +0100, Oliver Sander wrote:
> To me the CMake version systems makes some sense. There, the packages
> export which to which of their own versions they are compatible. Kind
> of contradicts the pkg-config stuff, though.

If you can live with using CMake as the build system, then we could
probably implement the following compromise:

- Fix the versioning CMake such that each module reports which version
of its own it is compatible with.
- (Optional) Add a switch to dunecontrol, to skip version checking using
pkg-config only in dunecontrol.

Then using th autotools everything would be as it was. Using Cmake
with dunecontrol (but without the switch), too. But when using CMake
either without dunecontrol or using the switch one could mix versions.

Markus
--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858  Fax: +49 (0)322 1108991658