[Dune-devel] grid checks not installed

Oliver Sander sander at igpm.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Mar 26 10:48:09 CET 2014

Am 26.03.2014 10:44, schrieb Markus Blatt:
> Hi,
>
> I have been wondering for quite a while about the contents of
> dune/grid/test:
>
> There are a lot of *.cc files that contain various routines for the
> whether a grid behaves like a DUNE grid, that are of great use for
> external grid developers.
>
> Why are they actually *.cc files and not *.hh files? They seem more
> like headers to me.

That has been bothering me as well.  I think they are .cc files for historical
reasons.   In the early days we tried to split code into files that declare
stuff and files that implement stuff, and named them .hh and .cc, respectively,
even if they were technically all inlined.  I support renaming those test
files to .hh.

> Why are they distributed with the tarballs, but never installed?

I suppose that's a bug.

Cheers,
Oliver