[Dune-devel] [SOCIS2014] Add flexibe Krylov solver to dune-istl

Adrian Olteanu olteanu.adrian.alexandru at gmail.com
Sun May 11 04:21:57 CEST 2014

Hello,

I am Adrian, a 1st year undergraduate in Mathematics at Cambridge
University.
I've read the documentation of the project involving Krylov space methods
and I believe it's interesting and useful to implement (at least FGMRES). I
would like to contribute to this and though I don't have experience working
for open source projects, I learned some numerical mathematics (taken a
course in numerical analysis and currently taking an optimization course).
Furthermore, I am really familiar with C++. Java is language I used most
but I get along with C++ as well.
I would appreciate any suggestions, opinions about the first steps
regarding the project and the application process. Maybe some good further
readings. Thanks.

Best,
Adrian Olteanu