[Dune-devel] [SOCIS2014] Add flexibe Krylov solver to dune-istl

Christoph Grüninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Sun May 11 20:45:58 CEST 2014

Hi Adrian,
you already did the first step the right way: You wrote to our
mailing list. Well done.

I advise you to install the Dune core modules, get them
compiled,
and run some examples from the dune-grid-howto module. This
should give a rough feeling about the project and the colorful
pictures will hopefully motivate you further.
Dune is more than just a bunch of C++ files. If you face
problems
getting Dune installed, don't hesitate to ask for help on the
Dune mailing list.

As I am not a solver guy, I can't point you to further
reading.

Regarding the application: You should sketch a project plan
which describes what you want to achieve and gives a rough
schedule. Then you should advertise your project and yourself,
that you are capable of getting it done with the kind of
complicated Dune, and the way you plan to work, i.e. we
dislike
people locking themselves away and not communicating with us.
You can post your project plan on the mailing list or send it
to us by private mail and we will try to help you improving
it. This has the advantage, that we get each other better
known and you learn what we want from you, even before you
start.

Hope that helps,

Die meisten Gebäude stammen aus einer Zeit, in der man auch
Türklinken aus Beton gemacht hätte, wenn das denn ginge.
[Spiegel Online, 25. Februar 2013]