[Dune-devel] ALUGrid with CMake brings in zlib dependency

Christoph GrĂ¼ninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Nov 25 20:20:11 CET 2014

Hi Markus,
dear ALUGrid developers,

I don't have numbers what's the impact on link times. And I don't think
it matters.

> My longterm goal was to lower the barrier for users. Currently adding
> all those flags manually is cumbersome and not even
> transparent. Therefore I would really like to keep it as simple as
> possible for users. Even if this means always activating all the
> dependencies that were found.

Yes, that's right. Today we introduced in DuMuX a add_dumux_all_flags
for the same reason, our users don't care about what to link, it should
just work.

That's why I prepared a patch to add ZLIB_LIBRARIES to DUNE_LIBS. The
attached patch can be applied by
git am -k 0001-CMake-Add-ZLIB_LIBRARIES-to-DUNE_LIBS.patch

GDB does hate your application, expresses its contempt through the
design of its command-line interface.   -- Tom Tromey, FOSDEM 2014