[Dune-devel] Adding extra CXXFLAGS upon calling make with the cmake buildsystem

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Sat Sep 27 03:44:04 CEST 2014

Am Fri, 26. Sep 2014, 20:23:19 +0200 schrieb Dominic Kempf:
> Thanks for pointing out the '/' Jö. I fixed it, but I am still puzzled why
> it worked.

Its usually something along the lines of: you did the chmod manually at one
point, and each time cmake wrote then file it did it like

  echo "..." >compile.sh

instead of

  rm -f compile.sh
  echo "..." >compile.sh

which means the file never get deleted, just overwritten, and keeps its old
mode.

Or the chmod happened to be executed in the build directory anyway, then it
would just add the executable bit to both the build directory (which certainly
had it already) and to compile.sh.  This would also explain why you didn't
mention an error message by chmod.

Regards,
Jö.

--
Jorrit (Jö) Fahlke, Institute for Computational und Applied Mathematics,
University of Münster, Orleans-Ring 10, D-48149 Münster

If you receive something that says "Send this to everyone you know,"
pretend you don't know me.