[Dune-devel] [SOCIS 2015]: Application

Christoph GrĂ¼ninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Apr 29 08:16:15 CEST 2015

Hi Philipp,
I am glad to hear that you apply for Dune's SOCIS 2015 slot.
There are no more information publicly available then at
http://users.dune-project.org/projects/esa-socis-2015/wiki/Project_ideas
The idea is, that you contact your mentors, present them a proposal
which includes your ideas. This will be difficult as the deadline is
going to end tomorrow.
You will be enrolled as a student during the summer? That's a
requirement of SOCIS.

What you should do:
1. Contact the mentor listed on the project page. They might provide you
addition information.
2. Prepare a proposal, you can share your proposal either with the
mentors or here on the mailing list. We might give you hints how to
improve your proposal.
3. We ask students for a proof that they are capable of fulfilling their
task. That can be a junior job
http://users.dune-project.org/projects/esa-socis-2015/wiki/Junior_jobs
You can also send me your master's thesis in a private mail. I'll treat
it confidential and will only share it with potential mentors.
4. You have to fill out the application form on the SOCIS homepage
http://sophia.estec.esa.int/socis/?q=node/21

Some help on how to write a good application:
http://teom.org/blog/kde/how-to-write-a-kick-ass-proposal-for-google-summer-of-code/

Please always ask on the mailing list, if you are in doubt. We will help
with your application.

--
People who are more than casually interested in computers should have
at least some idea of what the underlying hardware is like. Otherwise