[Dune-devel] 2ec7fbb [TypeIndex] Make GlobalGeometryTypeIndex::base() public

Steffen Müthing steffen.muething at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Oct 12 14:15:22 CEST 2015

Hi Martin,

> Am 12.10.2015 um 13:55 schrieb Martin Nolte <nolte at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de>:
>
> Hi Steffen,
>
> would you consider giving a meaningful name to the method once it is public?

sure, we can do that. I’m bad at names, how about dimensionOffset()?

> Moreover, I am not sure whether you can actually use this method in combination with the index method.

If you wanted to use it for indexing, you would have to use it with LocalGeometryTypeIndex::index(), but I
actually just want the dimension offset to look into per-GeometryType offset arrays. In theory, I could write
GlobalGeometryTypeIndex::size(dim - 1), but that isn’t really readable (and maybe problematic if dim == 0).

Steffen