[Dune-devel] Dune 2.4 released

Carsten Gräser graeser at mi.fu-berlin.de
Fri Sep 25 16:27:06 CEST 2015

Dear all,
we are pleased to announce the release of the new stable
version 2.4.0 of the Dune core modules. This release
contains various new features and bugfixes.

The probably most prominent one is the change of the
default build system from autotools to CMake. The
autotools build system is now deprecated and will
be removed in the next major release. For further
improvements, deprecations, clean-ups, and known
issues have a look at the release notes:

  http://www.dune-project.org/releasenotes/releasenotes-2.4.html

You can download the tarballs from our download page
or checkout the v2.4.0 tag of the modules via git.

Thanks to all the helped to make this release happen
by coding, bug-fixing, writing documentation, testing,
sending patches, or in any other way.

Best,
Carsten

PS:
Please notice, that it may take a moment for the web page
to update and show the new release.