[Dune-devel] Semantics of overlapSize and ghostSize

Oliver Sander oliver.sander at tu-dresden.de
Wed Aug 3 11:00:32 CEST 2016

Dear Dune experts,

I am trying to explain the meaning of the overlapSize and ghostSize methods to someone,
and I've come to realize that I don't know it myself.  I know it means something like
"the thickness of the overlap/ghost layers, measured in terms of elements", but is there
anything more precise?  In particular, boths methods take integer arguments 'codim',
but I have no idea of how that argument is supposed to influence the result.  What is
the most precise definition of the semantics of overlapSize and ghostSize that you know of?

Thanks,