[Dune-devel] New dune-project Website: Status update/Call for help

Dominic Kempf dominic.r.kempf at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 17:52:13 CET 2016

Hey christoph

On Sunday, 14 February 2016, Christoph Grüninger <
christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:

> Hi Dominic,
> thanks for tackling the new website, which is a huge task.
>
> I managed to get the website build locally. Despite all
> images where missing, it looked ok, given its early state.

All images are present in static/img. If they are not shown, they are
linked incorrectly which happened when our hiwi ported the stuff and
ignored the static subdir. Feel free to change the path in markdown (to
img/name.jpg) and commit it!

> You can browse the homepage sources here:
>> https://gitlab.dune-project.org/infrastructure/dune-website
>> https://gitlab.dune-project.org/infrastructure/dune-website-builder
>>

> Am I right, that for local building, I don't need the
> dune-website-builder?

Yes you are right the builder project is designated for the build process
on our server. I should have made that clear.

One issue worth mentioning: We need to integrate the Sphinx
> stuff for our buildsystem documentation.

You can add sphinx to the todolist, but that is the kind of stuff that can
be done incrementally once the site is in a state to replace the old one.

Too bad, that openSuse and Debian doe not yet provide packages
> for git-lfs and hugo. But getting the stuff installed by-passing
> the packaging system, is easy enough for the beginning.

Debian packaging for hugo is an ongoing project. They are struggling with
the amount of non-packaged golang libraries though ( i think i read that 21
of 26 dependencies are not packaged). Still, they are tackling it.

Bye