[Dune-devel] [GSoC2016] Application answers review

Christoph GrĂ¼ninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Feb 17 11:15:42 CET 2016

Hi Markus,
if you have improvements, please feel free to edit the answers. But make
sure they don't exceed the limit (I tried to mention the allwowed length
of the answers).
I will check the history and if I don't agree with changes, I start a
discussion. I hope other interested developers will act the same.

> Did the questions change?

Some stayed the same, some changed. Overall I felt the new questions are
better.

> I think some of the answers are really bad (I guess that is my
> fault).

They get slightly modified every year.

> We had students that nearly failed midterm in 2013 and
> got them back on track due to good mentoring. We should mention that.
> Additionally we should not emphasize being academics so much. I don't
> think that this is a selling point. Instead we might point out the experiences
> and actions we took in 2013.

Good idea.

The method has been developed for use on a high-speed electronic
computer and would be impractical for hand-solution purposes.
                                           [Harlow & Welch 1965]