[Dune-devel] Should Dune participate in GSoC 2016?

Christoph GrĂ¼ninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Jan 19 16:12:50 CET 2016

Hi Dominic,
the overall enthusiasm is overwhelming.

> can you put a number on how many hours you would have to invest in
> the application? If this number is tolerable despite the low
> probabilty (given the 14 and 15 result), I opt for doing it. Keeping
> a list of major projects, that we are interested in getting
> implemented is a good thing, as good students might also work on them
> as Hiwi projects etc. If we need the GSoC application to keep this
> list up-to-date, so be it.

I'd say one evening. I am not sure whether I expect us to get a spot or
not. But thanks for your argument, that would render the last two
applications at least not pointless.

The method has been developed for use on a high-speed electronic
computer and would be impractical for hand-solution purposes.
                                           [Harlow & Welch 1965]