[Dune-devel] dune-common update seems to cause error in my ParMetis routine

Aleksejs Fomins aleksejs.fomins at lspr.ch
Fri Jan 22 11:55:31 CET 2016

Dear Dune,

My Parmetis code, which used to compile before, includes the following lines:

#if PARMETIS_MAJOR_VERSION < 4
      typedef idxtype idx_t;
      typedef float real_t;
#endif

std::vector<real_t> tpwgts(ncon*nparts, 1./nparts);

With the latest pull of dune-common, I get the following error

/home/fomins/gitwork/hades-lspr-ag/dune-curvilineargrid/dune/curvilineargrid/io/file/curvilineargmshreader.hh:1124:25: error: type/value mismatch at argument 1 in template parameter list for ‘template<class _Tp, class _Alloc> class std::vector’
       std::vector<real_t> tpwgts(ncon*nparts, 1./nparts);
                         ^
/home/fomins/gitwork/hades-lspr-ag/dune-curvilineargrid/dune/curvilineargrid/io/file/curvilineargmshreader.hh:1124:25: note:   expected a type, got ‘real_t’

Would you be so kind as to suggest what caused this error and how to correct it?

Greetings,
Aleksejs