[Dune-devel] [GSoC2016] Junior project 1 - Raviart-Thomas local element

Srihari Sundar sriharisundar95 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 06:19:50 CET 2016

Hi all,

I am Srihari an undergrad student studying at IIT Madras in India. I have
been using open source tools for a while and would like to contribute back
to the community.

I have used commercial FEM codes and as a part of a course I developed my
own small FEM code, which I have put up here
<https://github.com/sriharisundar/FEM_MultiscaleModeling>. It is written in
fortran, but I am comfortable with C++ too. I have not followed the good
coding practices as it was a novice attempt at development, but would like
to learn these practices with GSoC.

To get started I want to look into the Raviart-Thomas local element
jacobian implementation. Can you point me towards any reading materials/
research papers on the same and how to get started?

I am not decided on what project I want to take up from the ideas page, can
this be decided down the line?

Thanks in advance for the reply!

Regards,
Srihari

PS: Is there an IRC channel for DUNE?

*----*
*Srihari Sundar*
Pre-final year student - Integrated Masters Program
Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai - 600036