[Dune-devel] [gsoc2016] Grid back-end p4est library :GSOC 2016

Christoph Grüninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Sat Mar 5 22:28:24 CET 2016

Hi Ankit,
welcome to Dune!

Please keep all GSoC related mails on the dune-devel mailing
list, don't post it to the dune mailinglist, which is
dedicated
for people to get help using Dune.
All mentors are member of the mailing lists and will receive
emails without addressing them explicitly.

> I would really appreciate the know the starting point for
> this project and any other requirements for this project.

Get used to Dune, install it and play around with the
dune-grid-howto. Same with p4est. You should get an
idea of the Dune grid interface and think about how to
map this to the functions offered by p4est.
Then ask questions, do at least one junior task and
prepare a proposal which we can discuss.

Je n'ai rien contre les étrangers, quelques uns de mes
meilleurs amis
sont des étrangers. Mais ces étrangers là ne sont pas de chez
nous!
[Agecanonix, Astérix - Le cadeau de César]