[Dune-devel] [gsoc2016] Re: Getting started with DUNE development

Christoph Grüninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Sat Mar 5 22:48:45 CET 2016

Hi Jashan,
welcome to Dune!

Please send all correspondence to the Dune development
mailing list dune-devel at dune-project.org.
I may be the only official mentor of project 1, but
others on that list are also interested, and may
also help you when you have questions.

You should get an idea about our CMake build system.
Install the Dune modules, enable/disable external
dependencies. Play around with it and try ways to
create such a super-build folder.
There are several ways how to do it. Check other
project and how they do it. I don't have a clear
vision, how to do it.

Follow our advice from our GSoC profile page: do at
least one junior job and show us that you are capable.

Given you have experience with Python and C++, wouldn't
be project 4, creating Python bindings a good project
for you, too?

--
Je n'ai rien contre les étrangers, quelques uns de mes
meilleurs amis