[Dune-devel] [gsoc2016] Grid back-end p4est library :GSOC 2016

Christoph GrĂ¼ninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Mar 8 07:14:05 CET 2016

Hi Ankit,
you have to convince us that you are capable of doing work with Dune. We
know Dune is complicated and different from code bases people usually
know before working with Dune.
The junior job is way to convince us. We think beginners can do these
jobs, so they are an offer for you to show us your capabilities. You
could also do other stuff, but it'll be difficult for beginners to see
improvements which they can do with a reasonable amount of work.

Keep in mind that there are GSoC students which receive their initial
payment and never show up again. We don't want to be fooled, as
mentoring GSoC is a lot of effort for us, too.

The method has been developed for use on a high-speed electronic
computer and would be impractical for hand-solution purposes.
                                           [Harlow & Welch 1965]