[Dune-devel] GSoC

Bernd Flemisch bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Mar 15 17:50:21 CET 2016

Hi Srinivas,

thank you for your interest in this project! This week, I am abroad and cannot answer promptly and in great detail. This will get better next week.

If I am not mistaken, you should find the benchmark in dune-grid/dune/grid/test/test-loadbalancing.cc. In addition to the Dune core modules, you need to download and install UG and ParMetis, see the "Installing external libraries" on the Dune website.

Once you have compiled the test, you should try to run it on 1, 2, 4, 8,...  processes and check when it crashes. Parallel debugging most likely will bring you to UG's parallel infrastructure DDD:
http://elib.uni-stuttgart.de/opus/volltexte/1999/426/
I am unsure and eager to see what comes afterwards...

I would be happy to receive an application for this project. Improving the current situation would enhance the applicability of Dune's UGGrid manager a lot.

Kind regards
Bernd

---- Srinivas Kumar schrieb ----