[Dune-devel] [GSoC 2016] Build

Xinyun xinyun.li at fau.de
Wed Mar 16 23:08:13 CET 2016

Hi all,

Since the system of personal laptop is Windows, I just installed another
Linux system in order to run Dune more smoothly. I am trying to build
DUNE on this new system but I I encountered some strange error.

I created a Dune directory which hold several Dune modules:

$ ls
dune-common  dune-geometry  dune-grid  dune-iga

But when I ran " ./dune-common/bin/dunecontrol all ”, I  kept getting
the following error:

No such file or directory.

I'm sure I have this directory and if I go into dune-common/bin/, I can
run dunecontrol there. But it cannot recognize other modules then. For
example,

$ dunecontrol all--- going to build  ---
--- done ---
$ dunecontrol --module=dune-grid all
ERROR: could not find module dune-grid
Execution of dunecontrol terminated due to errors!

Do I lack of some software or package? Any help is welcome.
In addition, I'm interested in the B-spline implementation, is it
possible to give a junior job related to that? I had a quick look of the
code and I think there are a lot of possible improvements. For a junior
job, I think improving the basis function and the De Boor algorithm are
a good starting point. What's your opinion?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Xinyun