[Dune-devel] [GSoC 2016] Build

Christoph Grüninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Sat Mar 19 20:08:07 CET 2016

Hi Xinyun,

> But when I ran " ./dune-common/bin/dunecontrol all ”, I
> kept getting the following error:
>
> No such file or directory.

Is this the whole output or is there more before this line?

> I'm sure I have this directory and if I go into
>dune-common/bin/, I can run dunecontrol there. But it cannot
>recognize other modules then.

That's expected, as in dune-common/bin are no further dune
modules. You could try to set the DUNE_MOULE_PATH from
there. But we better figure out what's your above problem.

> Do I lack of some software or package? Any help is welcome.

No, at least I cannot tell by the error message. Have you
CMake installed?

> In addition, I'm interested in the B-spline implementation,
>is it possible to give a junior job related to that? I had a
>quick look of the code and I think there are a lot of
>possible improvements. For a junior job, I think improving
>the basis function and the De Boor algorithm are a good
>starting point. What's your opinion?

Sure, give it a try. We want to see, that you can dive into
our code and that you are capable of implementing stuff.
For this purpose, your idea sounds fine.

Je n'ai rien contre les étrangers, quelques uns de mes
meilleurs amis
sont des étrangers. Mais ces étrangers là ne sont pas de chez
nous!
[Agecanonix, Astérix - Le cadeau de César]