[Dune-devel] [GSoC2016] Proposal about the Python bindings for the DUNE grid interface

Michaël Sghaïer sghaier.michael at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 05:47:17 CET 2016

Hi,

I just submitted my draft of a proposal about the Python bindings for the
DUNE grid interface, through GSoC's official website!

You can add comments on my draft directly on Google Docs, I actually
highlighted some points on which I would like to have some details and
remarks.

I also have some questions that other students interested in the same
project could have too:

- in the project description, you talk about "interface classes". What are
specifically these "interface classes"? I assumed it was all the classes
defined in dune-grid/dune/grid/identitygrid/ that represent the grid
interface (and are needed in any new grid implementation), is that correct?

- you also talk about dune-fempy as a module which provides high level
Python bindings to the dune-fem module but I didn't find it (nor by google
nor by the gitlab). Is there any public git repository?

I am looking forward for your feedbacks.

Best,
Michaël