[Dune-devel] Dune Exceptions

Srinivas Kumar srinivas.jdi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 17:10:17 CET 2016

Thanks a lot. The problem got resolved once I installed all modules with
same version using dunecontrol and linked it. I was able to run the
dune-grid-howto files :-)

Now, I wanted to try the test-loadbalancing.cc.

It is giving me this error :

Unknown CMake command "add_directory_test_target"

Unknown CMake command "add_dune_mpi_flags"

I want to run the load-balancing.cc file. There are a few answers in the
mailing list but it doesn't seem to work.
How do you get this to work ?

Thanks in advance.

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 3:03 PM, Maikel Nadolski <nadolski at math.fu-berlin.de
> wrote:

> On 03/16/2016 10:18 AM, Markus Blatt wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 09:47:18AM +0100, Maikel Nadolski wrote:
> >> When you only build the core modules you compile AFAIK static archives
> >> like libdunecommon.a. The easiest way is to install them locally with
> >> root privileges and make them available in your `/usr/local` paths. Tell
> >> your compiler (linker) to link with the archive with `-ldunecommon`
> >
> > Actually, it should work without installing provided you use
> > dunecontrol to build and all modules are lying next to each other.
> >
> > You do not need to have root priviledges to install DUNE. Just path a
> > writable directory as the install prefix and search prefix to CMake
> > either on the comand line:
> >
> > cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/path/to/dir \
> > -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/path/to/dir
> >
> > or in the CMAKE_FLAGS variable in your option file.
>
> Yes. Thats why I only wrote `easiest` solution.
> In fact, I do not even have root privileges on my work station. ;-)
>
> > Markus

its now or never