[Dune-devel] [GSoC2016] Proposal about the Python bindings for the DUNE grid interface

Michaël Sghaïer sghaier.michael at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 06:26:04 CET 2016

Dear Andreas,
dear Martin,

thank you a lot for your feedbacks, they have been very useful!

> However, there is one aspect you seem to have hardly covered: the build
> system. Apart from being able to find python using CMake -- which would not
> really be worth mentioning -- we will need to generate quite a few python
> modules, e.g., to support the different grid implementations. Therefore, I
> would suggest to have a look at CMake, too.

You are right, I forgot about the build system. I added two weeks to my
schedule to take care about it (see the google doc of my proposal).

Following your comments on my google doc, I made some (big) changes, please
take a look. I especially divided the project on the serial/parallel aspect
of a grid implementation. Tell me if I am being realistic about my
milestones and my timing or not.

By the way, you didn't answer my questions about dune-fempy. It don't
bother me to have information about that later but I have to know if two
weeks allocated to combine my bindings to dune-fempy are enough or not,
thank you.

> As Andreas already said, wrapping a few more methods might be interesting,
> too. You could also have a look at the FieldMatrix, especially at the
> operator[] (which returns a reference to a FieldVector).

Thanks for this suggestion, I am going to work on it!

Best,

Michaël