[Dune-devel] [GSoC2016] Proposal about the Python bindings for the DUNE grid interface

Martin Nolte nolte at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Mar 21 09:09:39 CET 2016

Dear Michael,

sorry for not answering earlier. I had a look through the work you did on our
junior job. I also think you did a good job there and you seem to have gotten
a rough idea what this is all about.

However, there is one aspect you seem to have hardly covered: the build
system. Apart from being able to find python using CMake -- which would not
really be worth mentioning -- we will need to generate quite a few python
modules, e.g., to support the different grid implementations. Therefore, I
would suggest to have a look at CMake, too.

As Andreas already said, wrapping a few more methods might be interesting,
too. You could also have a look at the FieldMatrix, especially at the
operator[] (which returns a reference to a FieldVector).

Best,

Martin