[Dune-devel] new website

Steffen Müthing steffen.muething at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon May 2 11:05:03 CEST 2016

Hi,

> Am 02.05.2016 um 05:27 schrieb Oliver Sander <oliver.sander at tu-dresden.de>:
>
> Hi Christian,
>
>> a) why do we use googleanalytics?
>
> No idea.  "Come on, everybody does it?"  I'd prefer if we could turn it
> off, unless somebody has a good reason why to keep it.

I don’t think that is intentional, it probably slipped through the cracks when Dominic
adapted the template. I don’t want google analytics on the site.

>> b) the current theme is based on bootstrap. Does anybody have the
>>   config.json for bootstrap? The color scheme is totally broken, in
>>   the sense that it does not match to any of the dune colors. I'd
>>   like to update the configuration.
>> c) is there a strong opinion on left-menu vs. top-menu? I started
>>   playing around a bit and think that I would prefer switching to
>>   top-menu.
>
> I kinda like left-menu, because I have so much more horizontal screen space
> than vertical one.  But that is not a strong opinion.

Yeah, monitors are all widescreen now, so having the menu on the side makes better
use of the screen real estate, especially if we decide to go fixed-width.

Steffen