[Dune-devel] New Website

René Milk rene.milk at wwu.de
Tue May 31 11:30:55 CEST 2016

On 31.05.2016 10:44, Dominic Kempf wrote:
> Hmm, that is true. I can live with that for the buildsystem doc, but not
> for the user wiki.
> Unfortunately, I see no proper solution right now...
>
> Dominic
>
> On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 8:59 AM, Christian Engwer <
> christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de> wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>>> The documentation is rebuilt nightly together with the doxygen docs.
>>> Note, that I fell back to using iframes instead of doing the painful
>>> thing of mixing css styles again. To be honest, I think this could be the
>>> way
>>> to go for doxygen, too. It definitely is for the user wiki.
>>
>> I stringly disagree. iframes break deep links, which is somethign we
>> definitely want, e.g. the link to the reference element documentation
>> we link from the web-site.
>> In particular for the user wiki we need deep links, otherwise we can
>> not link to project repositories or documentation in the wiki. As the
>> startpage of redmine is so cluttered, I even dare to say that the use
>> wiki is only useful if we can link to it.
>>
>> Christian
>>

>>> Best,
>>> Dominic
>>>
>>> PS: Some Color customization of the Sphinx theme can still be done
>>> (in conf.py.in dune.common/cmake/scripts/). Have a look at available
>>> values here:
>>>
>> http://alabaster.readthedocs.io/en/latest/customization.html#style-colors
>>>
>>> On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 3:06 PM, Dominic Kempf <
>> dominic.r.kempf at gmail.com>

>> dominic.r.kempf at gmail.com

>> out.

>> build,

>> maybe

>> needs

>> docuemented

>> Heidelberg
>> (I'll do
>> structure of

>> XML

>> soon as
>> remaining

>> state

>> snapshot

>> --
>> Prof. Dr. Christian Engwer
>> Institut für Numerische und Angewandte Mathematik
>> Fachbereich Mathematik und Informatik der Universität Münster
>> Einsteinstrasse 62
>> 48149 Münster
>>
>> E-Mail  christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de
>> Telefon +49 251 83-35067
>> FAX     +49 251 83-32729

Well, what functionality does the user wiki provide that the gitlab
instance does not? Why do we still need both? If there's no good answer
to that we could just see about transitioning projects and get rid of
the userwiki entirely.

 Dipl.-Math. René Milk
 University of Münster
 Institute for Applied Mathematics
 Orleans-Ring 10, R. 120.012
 48149 Münster               Tel. +49 251 83-35131
 Germany