[Dune-devel] Ignoring modules

Carsten Gräser graeser at mi.fu-berlin.de
Wed Jul 5 15:41:11 CEST 2017

Dear fellow developers,
does anyone know a way to tell dunecontrol
to ignore certain modules, preferably controlled
by an option file? The reason for the question
is that modules are infectious in terms of build
requirements. To be precise I'm facing the
following problem:

My module foo suggests dune-alugrid which itself
suggests dune-corepy. I have dune-alugrid _and_
dune-corepy (because I'm playing with dune-corepy
in a different configuration).

Because of the inherited suggestion for dune-corepy
I _must_ now build my module with -fPIC required
by dune-corepy, altough foo itself does use
dune-corepy at all.

Currently the only possibility I see is to have
different dune-environments in different directories
to get around such situations. If I could tell
dunecontrol to ignore some of the modules it has
found this would be much nicer.

Best,
Carsten