[Dune-devel] release 2.6

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Thu Sep 21 09:55:53 CEST 2017

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 07:27:53AM +0200, Christoph Grüninger wrote:
> thanks for the offer, it is highly appreciated!

Indeed it is.

> My only concern is that once we lifted the compiler and CMake
> requirements, some clean-up and modernization work might follow. We will
> see, whether these changes come in time for 2.6.

Maybe I misunderstood this, but:

*sigh*
Wouldn't the other way around be better? Release with the current
compiler requirements (as low as possible) to keep the user base as
broad as possible.

Markus

Pedettistr. 38, 85072 Eichstätt, Germany,  USt-Id: DE279960836
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858