[Dune-devel] maintenance releases not including all core modules

Ansgar Burchardt ansgar.burchardt at tu-dresden.de
Wed Apr 4 17:32:08 CEST 2018

Hi,

when preparing the DUNE 2.5.2rc1 release (to have a final release of
DUNE 2.5 with the changes that are pending in the release branch), I
noticed that not all modules have changes.  So I only prepared updates
for the one that do, however the page template for releases expects all
modules to be updated.

For now I've created symlinks (e.g. dune-geometry-2.5.2rc1.tar.gz is a
symlink pointing to dune-geometry-2.5.1.tar.gz) so that the download
links work.  It might be a bit confusing that extracting the archive
will give dune-geometry-2.5.1 though even though the archive name
suggests it to contain 2.5.2rc1 (which does not exist).

I wonder if we should either (a) extend the page template to include
modules with different (older) versions or (b) always release all
modules in sync even when there are no changes.  I myself would prefer
(a).

Ansgar